Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Tebowing

This morning when I was driving home from school drop off the topic of conversation on the radio was that of Tim Tebow. I don't know much about the guy. I'm a foot ball fan, but had somehow missed who this guy was for awhile, until our pastor mentioned him a few months ago. Now you can't turn on the news without hearing about it or people and their opinions on "Tebowing". So if everyone can give their opinion on it so can I......

It started this week when Wyatt brought home a book from school. The teacher puts these books together and they include kindergarten versions of special events. This last one was the story of Thanksgiving. Now Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday to celebrate. I love the time of year, I love the food, I love the idea of everyone coming together celebrating each other and giving thanks. I also love Thanksgiving because my family has a special connection to the first. I have a (to many to count) Great Grandfather, John Howland, that was on the Mayflower and signed the Mayflower Compact. That trip was made so that those folks could worship in the way they wanted to....not the way somebody told them to.


I think if Tim Tebow should want to worship, give thanks, praise God, or spread the Word. He should be allowed to do so as he wants. Just as I feel that if my child wants to pray in school he should be able to. We as a country accommodate everyone and everything. We bend over backwards to make sure our "freedom of speech" is protected. I love that people are talking about him and the the whole act of "Tebowing". Maybe just maybe some young child who is scared of what his friends will think will see how cool Tebow is. Regardless of what team he belongs to and even though I am a "blue" blooded Colts fan, I know that Tim Tebow and I are on the same team.


No comments:

Post a Comment