Monday, August 15, 2011

A New First

Big things are happening here! Today is Wyatt's first day of Kindergarten. I cannot believe my little boy is starting real school. Today is his first step into a new world. A world where he will learn, laugh, fall, fly, struggle, and succeed. I will be there, for now I'm still needed for breakfast, for hugs, for help, for encouragement, for discipline and for all things Momma. One day sooner than I'd like I won't be needed for as much. Hopefully I'll still be wanted and I can only dream that I'll still be cool. This morning when I dropped him off I thought for a moment that tears would come. Of course not from Wyatt who seemed nervous but excited. I was worried I would cry, I saw the other mom's with their tissue. But I reminded myself...God did not give Wyatt to me. He is simply letting me borrow him. I wasn't given a baby that I could hold forever. Today I'm trying to enjoy. I'm trying to make sure this is a day that I won't forget. Time will tell if this is a day that Wyatt will remember. I'm remembering my first day of kindergarten. I'm remembering my momma making me stand still and smile for pictures just like I'm doing with my children. I'm remembering the times my dad told me I'd spoil Wyatt if I held him too much. I'm remembering rocking Wyatt in our worn recliner literally all day long anyway. I'm remembering the small things, that are making these new big moments less bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment